Getting A Workout In With Just A Wall
A wall... that's what I'm writing this post about. Not a particular wall, any wall will do. Yep, walls! Walls are the thing right now. I mean, take a peek at IG feeds. They're filled with cute kids in front of white walls, brick walls, graphite walls, vintage walls. All you really need is a wall of some sort and a kid, or two and you have an amazing picture - simple, yet striking.
Well, I'm going to make walls even more popular! They're not just for supporting buildings and pictures anymore! Find a wall and get to work! Once again all you need is a wall, of any kind... and your very own capable human body.
You can even use your kiddos, if you have a few lying around. The best part about this workout is that there are seriously no excuses.You have everything you need everywhere you go. No membership required, no driving necessary.
1. Wall Jumps - Squat low and jump as high as you can, reaching your hands high, tapping the wall at the highest reachable spot. Do 15-20, trying to go higher each time.
2. Explosive Wall Push-Ups - Place hands flat on the wall and walk your feet back 3-4 feet away. Do an explosive pushup, thrusting your body off thewall. Repeat for 15-20 reps.
3. Wall Sit - Press your back flat against the wall and lower into a seated position. Hold this for 30-60 seconds.
4. Wall Leg Lifts - Sit on the ground with your back flat against the wall. Hug one leg to your chest and lift the other straight up about one foot off the ground. It's a small motion that targets the quads. Lift and lower for 20-30 reps.
5. Wall Plank - Get into a plank position with your feet pressed against the wall and your hands on the ground in front of you like a pushup. You may start out with your feet 2-3 feet off the ground (lower for a more challenging plank). Keep your core tight and your body in a straight line, parallel to the ground. Hold the position while you count how many times I used the word “wall” in this post ;)
Now, repeat this workout for 3-5 sets. It's so simple, yet so effective.
This little babe styled in our Polka Dot Suspender HERE.
-Elyse (make sure to follow Elyse on Instagram HERE)